from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A knot with large decorative loops.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knot that has two loops and two loose ends, either used decoratively, or to tie shoelaces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A knot in which a portion of the string is drawn through in the form of a loop or bow, so as to be readily untied.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A slip-knot made by drawing a portion of a cord, ribbon, etc., in the form of a bow through an involution, which is then tightened round the bow. The knot is simple if there is only one bow, double if there are two; it can be easily untied by drawing the bow back.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a knot with two loops and loose ends; used to tie shoelaces
bow + knot (Wiktionary)