from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An unsafe building or other structure.
- n. A perilous circumstance or situation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An extremely dangerous location, structure or device.
- n. A plot device where a villain in a story puts a hero in an elaborate dangerous situation for the purposes of attempting a sadistic murder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any structure that is very unsafe; where people are likely to be killed
Sorry, no etymologies found.