American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A smooth, level wooden lane used in bowling.
- n. A building or room containing lanes for bowling.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A covered place for the game of bowls, provided with a passage or alley of smooth planking on which to roll the balls. See ninepins.
- n. A building which contains lanes for bowling.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a covered place for playing at bowls or tenpins.
- n. a lane down which a bowling ball is rolled toward pins
- n. a building that contains several alleys for bowling
“I talked about Albuquerque, bowling alley etiquette, Los Alamos-grown cockroaches, and walk-ups in decidedly bad neighborhoods”
“And between 1973 and 1987, her parents had owned and operated a family business called Anderson Lanes, a bowling alley with a bar and restaurant on Northland Avenue, which ran along the north side of the 858 East Ferry lot.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bowling alley’.
candles with a "manly" scent
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for bowling alley.