from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A smooth, level wooden lane used in bowling.
- n. A building or room containing lanes for bowling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building which contains lanes for bowling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a covered place for playing at bowls or tenpins.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A covered place for the game of bowls, provided with a passage or alley of smooth planking on which to roll the balls. See ninepins.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lane down which a bowling ball is rolled toward pins
- n. a building that contains several alleys for bowling
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.