from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small branch or the terminal or ultimate subdivision of a branch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small branch; a twig or sprig
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little branch; a twig.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little branch; a twig; a subdivision of a branch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small branch or division of a branch (especially a terminal division); usually applied to branches of the current or preceding year
branch + -let (Wiktionary)