from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The junction of the sagittal and coronal sutures at the top of the skull.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the anatomical structure on the skull where the coronal suture and sagittal suture meet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The point of junction of the coronal and sagittal sutures of the skull.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, the junction of the sagittal and coronal sutures of the skull; the anterior fontanel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the craniometric point at the junction of the sagittal and coronal sutures at the top of the cranium
Latin, top of the head, from Greek.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)