from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sebaceous secretion, especially the cheesy secretion that collects under the prepuce or around the clitoris.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A whitish sebaceous secretion that collects between the glans penis and foreskin or in the vulva.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The soapy substance covering the skin of newborn infants.
- n. The cheesy, sebaceous matter which collects between the glans penis and the foreskin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as sebaceous humor (which see, under sebaceous).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a white secretion of the sebaceous glands of the foreskin
I thought the use of the word smegma in conjunction with a fruit was odd, but he didn’t seem to be joking.
The smegma is collected until the wad is big enough to fashion into a shank or shiv.
Few outside of the health professions hear or use the word smegma in everyday conversation.
The bacteria, the skin cells, and the sebaceous matter together form a stinking mass called smegma.
And lastly, a tight foreskin is unhygienic and leads to the accumulation of a foul-smelling cheesy material (called smegma) underneath it.
Then she desired her not to be sparing with the 'smegma', -- [A material like soap, but used in a soft state.] -- and to wash her hair as thoroughly as possible.
The play's highlight may be Wickman's quick solo about things you cannot sell on eBay or his assertion that his wife's name is short for "smegma," but neither actor receives enough time on stage.
Your dreams are the stain on your subconscious left by all the smegma you have to wade through during the day.
There, on average, penile cancer constitutes 10 to 20 percent of all cancerous tumors among men.22 In Brazil, where hardly anyone is circumcised, the number of cases of penile cancer is seventy times as high as in Israel, where almost all men are circumcised.23 A doctor in a developing country wrote so graphically, “The specific irritant seems to be the pent-up smegma, caked and disintegrated.”
This is an ideal feeding ground for the smegma bacillus Mycobacterium smegmatis and other pathogenic bacteria.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.