from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An offline device used to burst computer printouts.
- n. An astrophysical object that emits a brief but intense burst of gamma or x-radiation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which, bursts (causes to burst).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One that bursts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who bursts; one who breaks in pieces.
- n. In mining, a blast-hole bored in solid coal not previously made ready for blasting by shearing or holing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a quantity of explosive to be set off at one time
burst + -er (Wiktionary)