from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art or study of bell casting and ringing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of bells; their casting, tuning, and ringing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of ringing bells, or a treatise on the art.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or the principles of bell-founding, bell-ringing, etc.
- n. A treatise on this art.
Late Latin campāna, bell; see campanile + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin campāna ("bell") + -ology (Wiktionary)