from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small can or cup.
- n. A small wooden bucket.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of canakin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small can or drinking vessel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little can or cup. Also written canakin.
- n. A wooden bucket for holding sugar, rice, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wooden bucket
- n. a small can
Dutch kanneken (from Middle Dutch cannekijn, diminutive of canne, can) and Flemish cannikin, diminutive of cann, can.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)