from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like or having a carina or keel; ridged.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Keel-shaped, as in a boat's keel.
- adj. Of a bird, having a keeled breastbone allowing the attachment of flight muscles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shaped like the keel or prow of a ship; having a carina or keel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Shaped like or furnished with a keel; keeled.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. birds having keeled breastbones for attachment of flight muscles
- adj. having a ridge or shaped like a ridge or suggesting the keel of a ship
Latin carinatus, from carina ("keel"). (Wiktionary)