from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of ridge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a ridge or back; having an angular, projecting backbone.
- In zoology, carinate; costate; having ridges or carinæ on a surface, generally longitudinal ones. When the ridges run crosswise, the surface is said to be transversely ridged.
- Rising in a ridge or ridges; ridgy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a ridge or shaped like a ridge or suggesting the keel of a ship
Sorry, no etymologies found.