from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a crest: a crested black macaque.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a crest, or ornamental tuft (on an animal) or plume (on a helmet).
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of crest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a crest.
- adj. Having a crest of feathers or hair upon the head.
- adj. Bearing any elevated appendage like a crest, as an elevated line or ridge, or a tuft.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wearing or having a crest; adorned with a crest or plume: as, a crested helmet.
- In heraldry, wearing a comb, as a cock, or a natural crest of feathers, as any bird having one.
- In anatomy and zoology, cristate; having a central longitudinal elevation: said especially of the prothorax of an insect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a knight's helmet) having a decorative plume
- adj. bearing an heraldic device
- adj. (of a bird or animal) having a usually ornamental tuft or process on the head; often used in combination
Sorry, no etymologies found.