from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Using or making do with whatever means are available; irregular: made a catch-as-catch-can living doing odd jobs.
- adv. However or by whatever means possible: "Reading was learned catch-as-catch-can, while reindeer farming was learned deeply and thoroughly through the daily rigors of survival” ( Bunny McBride).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. intermittent; only when possible or when the opportunity presents itself
- adj. of a form of amateur freestyle wrestling (catch wrestling)
- adv. ad hoc, or in any way possible
Sorry, no etymologies found.