from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that dwells in a cave, especially a prehistoric human.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Prehistoric human who lived in caves, a caveman or cavewoman
- n. One who behaves like a caveman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a savage of prehistoric times whose dwelling place was a cave.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who dwells in a cave; a troglodyte; specifically, a member of the prehistoric race of men who dwelt in natural caves, subsisting on shell-fish and wild animals.
- n. pl. [capitalized] A name given to the Bohemian Brethren (which see, under Bohemian), because they hid in caves to escape persecution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who lives in a cave
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.