from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A prehistoric or primitive human living in caves.
- n. Informal A man who is crude or brutal, especially toward women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An early human or closely related species, popularly held to reside in caves.
- n. A brutish or savage person.
- n. A man with old fashioned or backward opinions, particularly with regard to women.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as cave-dweller, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who lives in a cave
From cave + man, based on the supposition that early humans dwelt in caves. (Wiktionary)