from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who leads the cheering of spectators, as at a sports contest.
- n. One who expresses or promotes thoughtless praise; an adulator.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person, usually an attractive female, who encourages applause at a sports event.
- n. A person who rallies support for any cause.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an enthusiastic and vocal supporter
- n. someone who leads the cheers by spectators at a sporting event
cheer + leader (Wiktionary)