from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quahog clam when half-grown and of comparatively small size.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hard clam (Mercenaria mercenaria) that is larger than a countneck, littleneck or topneck but smaller than a quahog (used as a size classification by fish merchants).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. small quahog larger than a littleneck.
- n. a half-grown quahog.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The stone-like seed of a cherry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the stone seed of a cherry
- n. a half-grown quahog
- n. small quahog larger than a littleneck; eaten raw or cooked as in e.g. clams casino
cherry + stone (Wiktionary)