American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal An instance of cramped or illegible handwriting: "his signature—an unforgeably idiosyncratic chicken scratch” ( Alex Shoumatoff).
- n. Chicken feed consisting of random mixed grains such as corn, wheat, barley, sorghum and milling by-products.
- n. informal Cramped or illegible handwriting.
- n. A type of cross-stitch embroidery done on gingham fabric.
- n. cramped or illegible handwriting
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chicken scratch’.
For more "odd-sounding chicken breeds & chicken-related words," see serendoxity's Fowl Words.
All things farm and agriculture related.
Scrawlings, notes, odd writings, and messages.
Phrases with animals!
Looking for tweets for chicken scratch.