from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Contemptibly petty, insignificant nonsense.
- n. A coward.
- adj. Contemptibly unimportant; petty.
- adj. Cowardly; afraid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. petty and contemptible; compare bullshit
- adj. cowardly
- n. something petty and contemptible
- n. (vulgar, slang) A low-ranking officer who lords over and needlessly makes life miserable for his underlings, a petty, abusive martinet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a false statement that is considered to indicate timidity or fear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a false statement that is considered to indicate timidity or fear
Sorry, no etymologies found.