from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of custom.
- n. The duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods.
- n. The government department or agency that is authorised to collect the taxes imposed on imported goods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. money collected under a tariff; a duty imposed on imported goods.
- n.pl. the government department administering the collection of import tariffs. Used with as singular verb.
- n.pl. that area within an airport, sea port, or other border station where freight or the baggage of travellers is checked for dutiable materials or contraband.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. money collected under a tariff
Sorry, no etymologies found.