from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal An arsonist; a pyromaniac.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a common red and black insect of the family Pyrrhocoridae.
- n. a pyromaniac or arsonist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an incendiary; one who, from malice or through mania, persistently sets fire to property; a pyromaniac.
- n. a criminal who illegaly sets fire to property; an arsonist.
- n. a brightly colored type of true bug that can exude a stain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An incendiary.
- n. Same as cabbage-bug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a criminal who illegally sets fire to property
- n. a true bug: brightly colored bug that can exude a stain
Sorry, no etymologies found.
During his time on remand, Williamson was called a firebug, told he would be jailed for life by prisoner officers, and initially locked up for 23 hours a day as a category A prisoner.
I am the real firebug, that is writing this letter.
I don't need a full Visual Studio. net app, but I want to see something about 5 steps better than firebug, that is responsive, and even more interactive.
Decent 'firebug' quality debugging for developers.
Good analogy … he is like the "firebug" who starts a fire, then comes and helps put the fire out …
Good analogy … he is like the "firebug" who starts a fire, then comes and helps put the fire out … right2bright on March 6, 2009 at 9: 07 AM
I find it so much easier that I actually pop open firebug and make the change for the p and blockquote selectors in style. css (being too shortsighted to make the one time investment to script it in Greasemonkey or the like).
I'm a firebug too, (not arsonist), when's the next burn?
I was a firebug kid and I'd get some matches and strike them with my fingernail.
They also were concerned about a firebug being loose in their neighborhood.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.