from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Latin-American girl; a Latina.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A red coloring matter. extracted from the Bignonia Chica, used by some tribes of South American Indians to stain the skin.
- n. A fermented liquor or beer made in South American from a decoction of maize.
- n. A popular Moorish, Spanish, and South American dance, said to be the original of the fandango, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as chico.
- n. An old Spanish dance, said to have been introduced by the Moors, and to be the source of the fandango, the chaconne, the cachucha, the bolero, etc.