American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang A silly, rather unintelligent person.
- n. An area of hostile or enemy-controlled territory secured by paratroops or air-assault forces.
- n. pejorative A silly, foolish or unintelligent person.
- n. A landing area for aircraft for supplying an operation, military or other, usually temporary.
- n. military An area of hostile territory that has been seized by paratroopers or helicopter-based troops to ensure the further landing of troops and/or materiel.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. disparaging an airheaded person.
- n. a bridgehead seized by airborne troops
- n. a flighty scatterbrained simpleton
- air + head, by analogy with beachhead, bridgehead, railhead. (Wiktionary)
- air + (beach)head. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“CNN's daily fascination with this airhead is bordering on the creepy. tee”
“All these "airhead" comments reflect your lack of maturity!”
“Please, someone explain to this woman that she cannot see Russia from her house, and that statement make her come across as an "airhead".!”
“It's hard to imagine now, but 31 years ago, when I first announced that I was supporting Reagan in his bid for the 1980 Republican presidential nomination, I was routinely asked by friends on the right how I could possibly associate myself with this "airhead," this B movie star, who was not only stupid but incompetent.”
“Somehow with Obama, "airhead" just doesn't pass muster.”
“For the "airhead" caricature to stick, there has to be some element of truth to it.”
“So she inevitably sounds like an "airhead" because the columns are meant to be read beyond it's veneer of superficiality.”
“How about some connection with the air you have to whip into the cream to make the dessert - akin to the modern term "airhead"?”
“He thought I was some kind of airhead academic, and I thought he was rather an arrogant young member of Congress.”
“Thus we witness the tawdry spectacle of media warriors such as CNN's Glen Beck, Ann Coulter, and others call Sheehan everything from a "tragedy pimp" to an "airhead" to the "commander in grief.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘airhead’.
List of words, terms, and phrases pertaining to or referencing anything that lives, traverses, moves in, uses, or otherwise occupies the space above the ground we walk on. Words and phrases contain...
A list of compound derogatory names such as gapeseed, muckworm and lickspittle. Your one-word contributions to this list are welcome.
See sionnach's list derogatory terms I should use ...
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
words describing people or things that just aren't very intelligent
Ah, the language of endearment...
Feel free to add your favorite insult. Please include quotes or sources if you can. Thanks!
Please note: while this is a list about stuff...
A rich collection of all the ways you can insult someone's intelligence.
figuratively named things with head
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
niglets, aw, flakey, shiznit, thatch, sexy, bummers, hotty, eargasms, ratchetry, weird, fab and 597 more...
words of mass (or minor) destruction
A sort of stuffie of words/phrases that include "head"
head of cattle, out of one's head, head of the stairs, come to a head, head of steam, head of the page, win by a head, head taller, headway, fountainhead, heads or tails, hit the nail on t... and 143 more...
contains certain adult slang terms
Looking for tweets for airhead.