from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A silly, rather unintelligent person.
- n. An area of hostile or enemy-controlled territory secured by paratroops or air-assault forces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A silly, foolish or unintelligent person.
- n. A landing area for aircraft for supplying an operation, military or other, usually temporary.
- n. An area of hostile territory that has been seized by paratroopers or helicopter-based troops to ensure the further landing of troops and/or materiel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an airheaded person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bridgehead seized by airborne troops
- n. a flighty scatterbrained simpleton
air + (beach)head.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
air + head; having one's head filled with air instead of grey matter. (Wiktionary)
air + head, by analogy with beachhead, bridgehead, railhead. (Wiktionary)