from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The farthest point on a railroad to which rails have been laid.
- n. A place on a railroad where military supplies are unloaded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A point on a railway system where goods are loaded, unloaded or transferred to other transport.
- n. The furthest point on a railroad under construction to which rails have been laid.
- n. An area of hostile territory at the end of a rail line that, when captured, serves for the continuous movement into position of further troops and material.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the end of the completed track on an unfinished railway
- n. a railroad depot in a theater of operations where military supplies are unloaded for distribution
Sorry, no etymologies found.