from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See coriander.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the leaves of the coriander plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an Old World herb (Coriandrum sativum) with aromatic parsleylike leaves and seed.
- n. a parsleylike herb used as seasoning or garnish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. parsley-like herb used as seasoning or garnish
- n. Old World herb with aromatic leaves and seed resembling parsley
Spanish, alteration of Late Latin coliandrum, from Latin coriandrum; see coriander.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish cilantro, from Latin coriandrum ("coriander"). (Wiktionary)