from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pocketknife with a folding blade.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of clasp-knife.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a large knife, the blade of which folds or shuts into the handle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A knife with one or more blades which fold into the handle.
- n. In a narrower sense, a large knife with one blade which folds into the handle and may be locked when open by a catch on the back.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large knife with one or more folding blades
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.