from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Cloven-hoofed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the foot divided into parts; cloven-hoofed; fissiped
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the foot or hoof divided into two parts, as the ox.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the foot divided into parts; cloven-hoofed; fissiped.
- In ornithology, having the webs of a palmate foot deeply incised, so that the foot is almost semipalmate, as in a tern of the genus Hydrochelidon, the Larus fissipes or cloven-footed gull of early authors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the cloven feet of ruminants or swine
From Middle English clovefote, from cloven + foot + -ed. (Wiktionary)