from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An onset of unusually cold weather within a 24-hour period.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A short period of very cold weather; a cold snap
- n. A permanent wave in the hair set by special solutions without the aid of any heating machine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- In the terminology of the United States Weather Bureau, an unusual fall in temperature, to or below the freezing point, exceeding 16° in twenty-four hours or 20° in thirty-six hours, independent of the diurnal range.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wave of unusually cold weather
Sorry, no etymologies found.