American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An onset of unusually cold weather within a 24-hour period.
- n. A short period of very cold weather; a cold snap
- n. A permanent wave in the hair set by special solutions without the aid of any heating machine.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Meteor.) In the terminology of the United States Weather Bureau, an unusual fall in temperature, to or below the freezing point, exceeding 16° in twenty-four hours or 20° in thirty-six hours, independent of the diurnal range.
- n. a wave of unusually cold weather
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cold wave’.
An extract from the "Zold Tolmacs" project, a HU-EN environmental dictionary compiled by Robert Gulyas in 2000.
AA battery, aa lava, aapa mire, abandon the project, abandon the sewer..., abandoned car, abandoned dyke, abandoned farm, abandoned field, abandoned industr..., abandoned industr..., abandoned land and 5386 more...
list of music genres - anything. even the most obscure sub-genres of sub-genres
Looking for tweets for cold wave.