American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Architecture The use or arrangement of columns in a building.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, the employment of columns in a design; collectively, the columns thus used in a structure.
- n. architecture An arrangement or grouping of columns
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The employment or arrangement of columns in a structure.
- n. (architecture) the arrangement of columns (especially freestanding columns) in a structure
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘columniation’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
A list of terms pertaining to columns employed in architecture.
More randomly-garnered terms from the world of words that don't quite yet fit into my other lists.
Looking for tweets for columniation.