from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A product of condensation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A liquid that is the product of condensation of a gas
- n. The product of a condensation reaction
- n. Any of various condensed quantum states
- v. To condense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made dense; condensed.
- transitive v. To condense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To condense; make dense or more dense.
- To become more dense, close, or compact.
- Made dense; condensed; made more close or compact.
- n. The substance formed by condensation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a product of condensation
- n. atmospheric moisture that has condensed because of cold
TrackBack (0) pushing a bose-einstein condensate over the cliff
They follow the evolution of a prototypical quantum object, a Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC), under free-fall conditions (see the figure, panel B).
The floor drain is used for condensate from the evaporator coil on the air conditioner.
Continuing his work as a Ph.D. student, Markus Greiner used the unobscured optical access to load the Bose-Einstein condensate into a three-dimensional optical dipole force lattice potential formed at the intersection of three orthogonal far-detuned standing wave laser fields.
A single quantum state, a Bose-Einstein condensate (red peak), forms in semiconductor material.
The creation of a polariton Bose-Einstein condensate in the solid state provides scientists with a unique opportunity to better understand and possibly exploit the quantum effects that occur in these very special conditions.
The foul condensate is sent through a steam stripper, which removes the volatile organic substances in the water (they boil at a lower temperature than water).
The stripped condensate is combined with the clean condensate for reuse.
(I wonder how much the Bose-Einstein condensate cartridges go for?)
His starting point was a description of superconductivity in which the density of the superconductive condensate is taken into account with the aid of an order parameter (a wave function).
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.