from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horse-chestnut used in the game of conkers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the inedible nutlike seed of the horsechestnut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A snail-shell.
- n. A snail-shell or a horse-chestnut used in a boys' game, in which the object is to break the snail-shell or horse-chestnut by striking it, with another.
- n. plural The game itself.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the inedible nutlike seed of the horse chestnut
From nineteenth-century dialect conker, snail-shell; the game of conkers was originally played using snail-shells. (Wiktionary)