from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A marine European fish (Crenilabrus melops); also, the related American cunner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A marine European fish (Crenilabrus melops); also, the related American cunner. See cunner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who tests, examines, or inspects; one who has a speeial knowledge of anything. See aleconner.
- n. One who gives steering directions to the helmsman of a, ship.
- n. A person who stood upon a cliff or an elevated part of the sea-coast in the time of the herring-fishing, to point out to the fishermen by signs the course of shoals of fish; a balker.
Sorry, no etymologies found.