from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small fish (Tautogolabrus adspersus) of North American Atlantic waters that is common along the shore of the eastern United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A marine European fish (Crenilabrus melops); also, the related American conner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small edible fish of the Atlantic coast (Ctenolabrus adspersus); -- called also chogset, burgall, blue perch, and bait stealer.
- n. A small shellfish; the limpet or patella.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The blue-perch, Ctenolabrus adspersus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. common in north Atlantic coastal waters of the United States
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)