from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To regard or place in the same time period; synchronize.
- transitive v. To make modern or contemporary, as in style or décor.
- intransitive v. To be contemporary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To bring up to date; often specifically to set a historical narrative in a modern context
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. to happen at the same time.
- transitive v. to arrange or represent events so that they co-occur.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make contemporary; place in, or contemplate as belonging to, the same age or time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. arrange or represent events so that they co-occur
- v. happen at the same time
Even though Ferrera plans to "contemporize" the tale, with Forest on board my money's still on the latter project to be the much more interesting.
Now is the time to revisit and "contemporize" the Condominium Act. After all, if the social housing sector has been afforded that latitude, why not the condominium sector?
The A-Team has a huge following and these comics, much like the upcoming film, contemporize this enormously popular action-adventure franchise and deliver fresh, compelling stories and art to the fans, said Virginia King, Vice President U.S.
Hancock had the visuals and naturalism that could nicely contemporize Ghostbusters, and the only thing that would hold this baby back is the script (Hancock's biggest problem).
I was just happy to be able to put my own stamp on it and contemporize it a little bit, but really pay a lot of homage to the original intentions of the songwriters there.
"What we did was contemporize it," Ms. Gibson-Ullman says of the changes.
Kevin's debut is part of Archie Comics 'larger efforts to contemporize the characters' world.
I would rather see studios tackle new material than endlessly remake older properties in order to "update" or "contemporize" them to allow the last couple of generations of citizens that have gronw comfortable wallowing in stupidity.
So, it was kind of like using the Technicolor technique that was used to contemporize old black and white movies -- I painted some new colors around Elvis 'voice, which was really the heart of the project, and a lot of the vocals are dating back from sixty years ago, so it was a major thing to really paint new colors around him.
EVT: Frankly Mike, I think this is way different than LOVE because my mandate was to first, really contemporize the Elvis catalog and bring him into '10.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.