from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That is getting smaller.
- v. Present participle of contract., as in hiring or trading.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the act or process of acquiring an infectious disease; contraction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making or having made a contract or treaty; stipulating: as, the contracting parties to a league.
- Binding a contract; given in confirmation of a bargain or an agreement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. becoming infected
Sorry, no etymologies found.