Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who convenes or meets with others.
- n. One who convenes or calls a meeting; in Scotland, one appointed to call together an organized body, as a committee, of which he is generally chairman: as, the convener of the Home Mission Committee.
- n. One who convenes or calls a meeting
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete One who convenes or meets with others.
- n. Scot. One who calls an assembly together or convenes a meeting; hence, the chairman of a committee or other organized body.
- n. the member of a group whose duty it is to convene meetings
- From convene + -er. (Wiktionary)
“The title our convener, Jean-Paul Riquelme chose for this session says it all.”
“She is the unofficial "convener" of about 40 churchgoers who have agreed to staff the trailer as a day-laboring work center.”
“We have an unorganized day-laboring center right now, spread out over many different corners of Centreville," said Alice H. Foltz, the "convener" of the Centreville Immigration Forum.”
“The Global Campaign for Education was established in 1999 to meet the goal of every child getting an education and Mr Brown will act as a "convener" to its High Level Panel.”
“Inayat Bunglawala, the council's media secretary who has been appointed by the Home Office as a "convener" of a government working group to combat extremism, told the Financial Times: "He Mr bin Laden was a freedom fighter.”
“And the to bring the argumentation home, "We are asleep at the wheel..." by citing a Jeremy Leggett, "convener" of the UK Industry Taskforce on Peak Oil and Energy Security".”
“I founded it in 2009, but now I am simply a convener -- almost a bystander as the Delegates pursue and realize their own outcomes.”
“This initiative is a renewed commitment to the belief that government can, and must, play a creative role -- as convener and provider of seed-funding -- to keep America growing.”
““We need to emphasize time and again the sense of mutuality and interdependence as the basis of relationships between Christians”, said Dr Jenny Plane Te Paa, convener of the Anglican Peace and Justice Network (APJN).”
‘convener’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for convener.