from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman from one's own country; a compatriot.
- n. A woman from a particular country.
- n. A woman who lives in the country or has country ways.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female compatriot
- n. A woman who lives in the country or has retained country ways
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman born, or dwelling, in the country, as opposed to the city; a woman born or dwelling in the same country with another native or inhabitant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A female inhabitant or native of a particular country or region.
- n. A woman born in the same country with another person.
- n. A woman belonging to the country, as opposed to the town.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman who lives in the country and has country ways
- n. a woman from your own country
Sorry, no etymologies found.