from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who is a resident of a town.
- n. A man who is a fellow resident of one's town.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a man who is a resident of a town, especially of one's own town
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inhabitant of a town; one of the same town with another.
- n. A selectman, in New England. See Selectman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of a town.
- n. A fellow-inhabitant of a town; a fellow-citizen.
- n. A town officer now called a selectman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person from the same town as yourself
- n. a resident of a town or city
towns + man (Wiktionary)