from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who herds or tends cattle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who herds cattle; a cowboy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose occupation is to tend cows.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation is the care of cattle.
- n. A former false spelling of coward, simulating cowherd. See coward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hired hand who tends cattle and performs other duties on horseback
Sorry, no etymologies found.