from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hired woman, especially in the western United States, who tends cattle and performs many of her duties on horseback.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a woman who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
- n. a woman who identifies with cowboy culture, including clothing such as the cowboy hat.
- n. a playing card of queen rank.
- v. To work as a cowgirl, herding cattle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman cowboy
cow(boy) + girl.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
cow + girl (Wiktionary)