from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To furnish with crenelles.
- v. To indent; to notch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To furnish with crenelles.
- transitive v. To indent; to notch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To furnish with battlements or embrasures; render defensible by adding battlements, as a house.
- To cut loopholes through, as a wall.
- To add crenelations; render a place defensible by battlements.
- Same as crenulate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. supply with battlements
Late Latin crenellare, kernellare: See French créneler to indent. See Crenelle. (Wiktionary)