from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of crenellation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of crenelating, or the state of being crenelated; an indentation or an embrasure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rendering a building defensible by the addition of battlements or by the cutting of loopholes. See crenelate, v.
- n. The state or condition of being crenelated.
- n. A battlement.
- n. Any notch or indentation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the action of constructing ramparts with gaps for firing guns or arrows
- n. a rampart built around the top of a castle with regular gaps for firing arrows or guns
Sorry, no etymologies found.