from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy unglazed cotton, linen, or rayon fabric, colorfully printed and used for draperies and slipcovers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong, heavy fabric of cotton, linen or rayon, used to make curtains and upholstery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A strong white fabric with warp of hemp and weft of flax.
- n. A fabric with cotton warp and woolen weft.
- n. A kind of chintz with a glossy surface.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cotton cloth with various textures of surface, printed on one side with patterns, usually in colors, and used for curtains, covering furniture, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an unglazed heavy fabric; brightly printed; used for slipcovers and draperies
After Creton, a village of northwest France.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Creton, a village in Normandy. (Wiktionary)