from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The main, calcareous part of a tooth, beneath the enamel and surrounding the pulp chamber and root canals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hard, dense calcareous material that makes up the bulk of a tooth
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The proper substance or tissue of teeth, as ivory, for instance, as distinguised from enamel, cement, or pulp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bone (calcified tissue) surrounding the pulp cavity of a tooth
- n. a calcareous material harder and denser than bone that comprises the bulk of a tooth
Sorry, no etymologies found.