from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A part or surface, such as a wing, propeller blade, or rudder, whose shape and orientation control stability, direction, lift, thrust, or propulsion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A structure shaped to produce lift when moving in air.
- n. A wing of an aircraft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a surface such as the wing of an airplane designed to provide reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
Sorry, no etymologies found.