from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To undergo or cause to undergo cross-fertilization.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To undergo (or cause to undergo) cross-fertilization.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To fertilize, as the stigmas of a flower or plant, with the pollen from another individual of the same species.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fertilize, as the ovules of one flower, by the pollen of another flower.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to undergo cross-fertilization
- v. undergo cross-fertilization; become fertile
Sorry, no etymologies found.