from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make fecund or fruitful.
- transitive v. To impregnate; fertilize.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make fertile.
- v. To inseminate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make fruitful or prolific.
- transitive v. To render fruitful or prolific; to impregnate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make fruitful or prolific; specifically, in biology, to render capable of development by the introduction of the male germ-element; impregnate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. introduce semen into (a female)
- v. make fertile or productive
Latin fēcundāre, fēcundāt-, from fēcundus, fruitful; see fecund.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)