from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To verify by comparing with parallel or supplementary data.
- transitive v. Sports To check illegally in ice hockey by striking an opponent with one's hockey stick held in both hands and lifted off the ice.
- n. The act of crosschecking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A penalty.
- n. A penalty where a player hits another player with the shaft of their lacrosse stick with their hands spread apart.
- v. To hit another player with the shaft of a lacrosse stick.
- v. To re-examine; to double-check.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instance of confirming something by considering information from several sources
- n. an illegal check (chopping at an opponent's arms or stick)
Sorry, no etymologies found.