from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Glassware shaped or decorated by cutting instruments or abrasive wheels.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Glass that has been cut, using an abrasive wheel, into a decorative pattern of facets

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. glass having a surface ground and polished in facets or figures.
  • n.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. glass decorated by cutting or grinding facets


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.