Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cut short; short: as, a cutty spoon.
- Testy; hasty.
- n. cutties (-iz). 1. A short spoon.
- n. A short-stemmed tobacco-pipe.
- n. A popgun. Also called cutty-gun.
- n. The common hare, Lepus timidus.
- n. A short, thick-set girl.
- n. A slut; a worthless girl or woman; a wanton. Also cutty-quean.
- adj. Scotland, Northern England Short, shortened, or small; curtailed.
- n. Scotland A short spoon.
- n. Scotland A short tobacco pipe.
- n. Scotland, archaic A wanton or unchaste woman.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Scot. Short.
- n. A short spoon.
- n. A short tobacco pipe.
- n. A light or unchaste woman.
- From cut. (Wiktionary)
“This was performed by the guilty person standing up before the congregation on a raised platform, called the cutty stool, and receiving a rebuke.”
“Shifty eyes' now produced a 'cutty' and suggested a smoke, which Sandie and I were thinking was the one thing left to complete our satisfaction.”
“The good woman slowly produced a well-seasoned "cutty" pipe, and as she began to cut up a "fill" from a rank-smelling tobacco, replied: "Na, na, laddie, I've come in here for a smoke ma'sel.”
“Not satisfied with the ordinary "cutty" of the whites, they inhale it in volumes through a bamboo cane.”
“He seems to have smoked nothing more splendid than clay pipes, and 'as in his wanderings these behoved to break, he used to take quills, and putting one into the other and all into the end of the "cutty," this served to make it long enough, and the tobacco to smoke cool.”
“Disco, pushing a fine straw down the stem of his "cutty," to make it draw better.”
“Is 'cutty' the disreputable word? for I think I 've passed that rank already; it sounds quite familiar. ”
“I'll take a wild 20 inch cutty over that pig pond rainbow anyday.”
“Hell - give me a 12 inch native cutty or whatever might swim in my geographical location natively rather than planted trout.”
“As for your repeated assertion that Denton's view is incompatible with ID, you're pretty cutty with your quotes, Oleg.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cutty’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
I love The Wire. I love The Wire's characters' names.
Looking for tweets for cutty.